TotalEnergies Lubricants has forged partnerships with a range of the world’s top vehicle manufacturers. Through these partnerships, TotalEnergies shares its cutting-edge R&D capabilities, knowledge and experience with global leaders, while at the same time we gain first-hand experience of the latest developments in engine technology. We can then develop new products accordingly. The way we collaborate with our partners in the industry is something we are very proud of and we are always looking for new opportunities to establish and strengthen our partnerships.
Stellantis and TotalEnergies - working together since 2021
In 2021 TotalEnergies and Stellantis announce the renewal of their partnership for the next five years for the Peugeot, Citroën and DS Automobiles brands. The two Groups are also opening a new chapter with its expansion to include Opel and Vauxhall. These global cooperation agreements now cover five core areas:
- Increased collaboration in Research & Development, with common R&D objectives in terms of sustainable development and innovation, particularly in new forms of mobility, low-carbon or bio-sourced fuels, lubricants and fluids specially optimised for new electrified engines and their components, including batteries.
- "First-fill" lubricants, with the supply of lubricants by TotalEnergies for vehicles produced in the factories of five Stellantis Group brands concerned throughout the world.
- Exclusive recommendation of Quartz lubricants in the after-sales and maintenance networks of the Peugeot, Citroën, DS Automobiles, Opel and Vauxhall brands. Approved repair specialists have access to TotalEnergies' high-tech motor oils, specifically developed for the engines of these five brands of vehicles, guaranteeing performance, reliability and fuel savings.
- Automobile competition, with technical and sporting cooperation which will henceforth focus exclusively on the various electric and hybrid programmes launched by the brands:
- Peugeot's return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the FIA-World Endurance Championship in the Hypercar category for hybrid prototypes, with the design of batteries resulting from the collaboration between Peugeot Sport and TotalEnergies, through its subsidiary SAFT, as well as the development of specific fluids.
- Continued support for the title holding team DS-TECHEETAH in the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship, an electric single-seater competition with the development of the Quartz EV Fluid range.
- A new partnership with Opel Motorsport which launches the Opel Corsa-e Rally Cup, the first electric rally world cup
- Mobility and EV charging are a new aspect of this partnership. Free2Move, the Mobility Brand of Stellantis, will use the network of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies for its car-sharing activity in Paris. Other proposals related to simpler electric mobility are also under consideration.
Opel Vauxhall and TotalEnergies – exclusive lubricant partner
TotalEnergies has co-developed with Opel & Vauxhall technical teams a co-branded range of dedicated engine oils for Opel and Vauxhall vehicles.
Due to the evolution of the standards between GM and Opel/Vauxhall, we updated this product range. In order to stay in line with the standards imposed by these two brands, and to have the most complete range possible, the number of Opel Vauxhall Motor Oil products have been increased from 4 to 5 products.
Citroën & TotalEnergies – Creators of passion
The association between Citroën and TotalEnergies began in 1968. TotalEnergies has supported Citroën's industrial development on five continents by supplying a wide range of automotive lubricants. The strength of this partnership has been illustrated over time particularly in motorsports, where both brands have achieved an impressive series of successes.
We are very pleased to announce the 55th Anniversary of the Citroën & TotalEnergies partnership.
Vauxhall and TotalEnergies – powering Vauxhall for years to come
In 2021 Vauxhall and TotalEnergies announced the signature of global partnership agreements covering the period from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2025.
The agreements are based on four key components:
- Increased collaboration in R&D, based on shared sustainable development and innovation objectives, to develop optimized lubricants and fluids for new hybrid and electric powertrains.
- The supply of first-fill lubricants by TotalEnergies to Vauxhall plants.
- The exclusive aftermarket recommendation of TotalEnergies QUARTZ lubricants in Vauxhall dealer networks worldwide. For optimum customer satisfaction, an additional range of co-branded products, “OPEL/VAUXHALL Motor oil by TotalEnergies”, will also be offered.
- Easier access to electric mobility for all our customers.
Nissan and TotalEnergies – a winning combination
For more than a decade, TotalEnergies and Nissan have been working together, pooling our technological resources and automotive expertise both on the road and on the track. Nissan Genuine Oils are one of the results of this partnership. TotalEnergies' experts have designed these technologically advanced lubricants specifically to maximise the power and performance of Nissan vehicles. Nissan recommends these oils for all its petrol and diesel engines.
In 2014, Nissan and TotalEnergies made history at the Le Mans speedway when the Nissan Zero Emissions On Demand Racing Car (ZEOD RC) completed a full lap of the circuit powered by electricity. The prototype performed like a GT car, reaching speeds of 300km/h without using a single drop of petrol. TotalEnergies supplied lubricants custom made for the car, which delivered the equivalent of 400hp in full electric mode.
Kia and TotalEnergies – an Alliance of Skills
Together, TotalEnergies and Kia have formed an ‘Alliance of Skills’, combining our joint strengths in the global marketplace to develop high quality products and services for an unrivalled customer experience.
High performance Quartz engine oils are being developed by our experts specifically to optimise Kia engine performance, reliability and fuel economy, and through joint marketing and service programmes the aim is to improve Kia dealers’ profitability, customer retention and customer satisfaction. As part of the partnership agreement, TotalEnergies is Kia Motor Corporations preferred aftermarket lubricant supplier, with TotalEnergies branded lubricants available to customers across the Kia service network of over 5,500 dealers in 180 countries.
Mazda and TotalEnergies – confident for tomorrow
Since our partnership began in 2003, Mazda engines protected by lubricants developed by TotalEnergies have driven over 150 billion kilometres.
Mazda Original Oils are formulated by TotalEnergies specifically to meet the technical requirements of Mazda engines, improving the energy efficiency and performance of the vehicles.
Several of the lubricants we have developed meet the particularly demanding requirements of Mazda’s SKYACTIV technology, delivering outstanding ecological credentials, excellent engine performance, and driving pleasure. Today, Mazda Original Oils are available at more than 2,300 garages, repair shops and dealerships in over 45 countries.
“Our partnership with Total is strategically important for Mazda and for our customers. With the development of our new generation engines, excellent lubrication performance is essential for the performance and durability of the engines. The benefit from using Mazda Original Oil is obvious for our dealers and our customers." — Jeff Guyton President and CEO of Mazda Europe