Refined specifically for modern printing techniques, TotalEnergies’ range of ink distillate products gives ink and resin manufacturers the quality they need to produce consistent, colourful inks that last. Vibrant colour is one of the goals when we work with ink manufacturers, and the other is complete product safety. We offer aromatic-free inks that meet the toughest regulations in the world.
Developed through over 20 years of collaboration with leading printers, Scriptane PW is a range of aromatic-free printing ink distillates that meets the high standards of today’s printing industry. Using Scriptane PW, you can manufacture inks that deliver outstanding colour, with excellent long term UV stability. The narrow boiling point range of our products gives you total control over evaporation rates, meaning printers can rely on your inks for their timings. Excellent quality, consistency, and a good balance between resin solvency and drying performance have made Scriptane the choice for ink and resin makers around the world.
- Products for heatset ink formulation: Scriptane PW 24/27H, PW 25/28H and PW 26/29H.
- Products for sheetfed printing: Scriptane PW 25/33H and PW 28/32H.
- Products for coldset ink formulation: Scriptane PW 30/35H.
Scriptane PW approvals
Products in this range are widely approved by major printing companies around the world, and by regulatory bodies in the US, Europe and Japan. Safety compliance includes:
- Meets purity requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia 6th Edition, including supplement 6.3.
- Non-VOC at 20°C under EU Directive 1999/13.
- Not excluded raw materials under EUPIA exclusion list for printing inks (10/2009).
- Certified for Eco Mark in product category 102 in Japan.
- Compliant with Rheinheitsanforderungen an flüssige Paraffine (155. Mitteilung Bundesgesundheitsblatt 25 (1982),192) in Germany.
Scriptane PW also complies with the following food contact regulations:
- US FDA 21CFR 178.3620(b) concerning indirect food additives including adjuvants, processing aids and sanitisers.
- EC Regulation 1935/2004 on materials coming into contact with food.
- EUPIA Guidelines on printing inks applied to the non-food contact surface of food packaging.
- LFGB – the German code on Foodstuffs, Consumer Goods and Animal Feed.
- Swiss FDHA on Materials and Articles 817.023.21 Annex 6 table IIIB.
Due to their ultra-low aromatic content, Scriptane PW products have been awarded the Total Ecosolution label by an external auditor.
Total’s Scriptane products are used to produce inks of a consistently high quality by manufacturers around the world. Product benefits include:
- Virtually odourless
- Crystal clear PW distillates
- UV resistant guaranteeing long-term stability
- Controlled rates of evaporation
- Well balanced between solvency and evaporation
- Excellent for a closely controlled manufacturing process for high quality inks
For the coldset and press market, Scriptane NW is the range to choose. These aromatic mineral oils are used for the manufacture of newspaper inks, and do not require labelling under current EU legislation. In addition, we offer other products such as Toluene for the formulation of stamping inks and a variety of solvents useful in the cleaning of plates and printing machinery.
As well as the consistent and long lasting colour inks it facilitates, Scriptane PW products are ultra-safe with a range of international approvals. Developed to protect workers and end users, Scriptane PW has ultra low polycrylic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) and aromatic content and is mild on skin. It’s not considered a volatile organic compound (VOC) under EU directive 1999/13, and is not on the EUPIA exclusion list. In addition, it meets food contact regulations in Europe, the US, Switzerland and more.