What are QUARTZ EV and RUBIA EV fluids?
Across the world, drivers and fleet managers are adopting hybrid and electric passenger and commercial vehicles. To help motorists and fleet operators ensure their vehicles perform faultlessly for longer, TotalEnergies has developed a ground-breaking line of electric engine lubricants and coolants – QUARTZ EV and RUBIA EV.
Featuring pioneering products, each range has been honed using research gained through TotalEnergies’ Formula E experience, utilising cutting-edge technology to help electric vehicles perform their best.
What are QUARTZ EV and RUBIA EV fluids used for?
QUARTZ EV is an innovative line of dedicated fluids for passenger vehicles. Spanning battery electric, plug-in hybrid (PHEV), full hybrid (FHEV) mild hybrid (MHEV) and micro hybridisation (S&S) vehicles, they lubricate engine components such as electric traction motors and transmissions, and cool power electronics controllers, DC/DC converters and traction battery packs.
RUBIA EV fluids cool and lubricate electric industrial, commercial and utility vehicles, designed specifically to ensure heavy-duty performance. Covering all key engine components, they prevent downtime and reduce maintenance costs, helping businesses keep moving.
What are the advantages of QUARTZ EV and RUBIA EV fluids?
To perform efficiently, electric vehicles require specialised lubricants and coolants that can successfully operate despite the challenges posed by electrical engines and components; a task QUARTZ EV and RUBIA EV ranges have been developed for:
Temperature-resistant – Effectively lubricating and cooling within the high-temperature environment of electrical engines, QUARTZ and RUBIA EV allow vehicles to accelerate, quick-charge and thermally manage batteries better than conventional fluids.
Dielectric properties – Insulating components to prevent arcing electric currents, shortcuts and static.
Exceptional oxidisation, humidity and wear resistance – Keeping components in excellent working condition for long periods of time, reducing maintenance costs.
High viscosity – A requirement for high-performance EV fluids, making sure friction is kept to a minimum.
All-encompassing range – TotalEnergies' EV ranges feature coolants and lubes, giving drivers and operators a one-stop solution to all their fluid maintenance needs.
QUARTZ EV and RUBIA EV fluids product specifications
The TotalEnergies EV ranges feature products developed for all key electric vehicle components:
- QUARTZ EV-AT – Multifunctional hybrid vehicle transmission fluid for automatic transmissions.
- QUARTZ EV-AMT – Multifunctional hybrid vehicle transmission fluid for automated manual transmissions.
- QUARTZ EV-DCT – Multifunctional hybrid vehicle transmission fluid for dual-clutch transmissions.
- QUARTZ EV-CVT – Multifunctional hybrid vehicle transmission fluid for continuously variable transmissions.
- QUARTZ EV-DRIVE R – Multifunctional fluid for electric vehicle drivetrain reducers.
- QUARTZ EV-DRIVE MP – Multifunctional lube and coolant fluid for electric vehicle drivetrains.
- QUARTZ EV-BATTERY – Thermal management fluid for electric vehicle and hybrid batteries.
- QUARTZ EV-MOTOR – Thermal management fluid for electric vehicle and hybrid motors.
- RUBIA EV-AT – Multifunctional hybrid industrial vehicle transmission fluid for automatic transmissions.
- RUBIA EV-AMT – Multifunctional hybrid industrial vehicle transmission fluid for automated manual transmissions.
- RUBIA EV-DRIVE MP – Multifunctional lube and coolant fluid for industrial electric vehicle drivetrains.
- RUBIA EV-DRIVE R – Multifunctional fluid for industrial electric vehicle drivetrain reducers.
- RUBIA EV-BATTERY – Thermal management fluid for industrial electric vehicle and hybrid batteries.
- RUBIA EV-MOTOR – Thermal management fluid for industrial electric vehicle and hybrid motors.
EV fluids are just one part of our commitment to alternative fuels. Find out more about TotalEnergies’ partnership with solar energy powerhouse SunPower, the spread of Total Charge Stations alongside charging station providers, ChargePoint, or contact our team for more information.